Hello, i would buy the app.
If more functions are integrated, I would pay even more. Maybe you can check out Smartsupp.
We would like to use the Zammad Chat. We are currently using Smartsupp.
Hello, i would buy the app.
If more functions are integrated, I would pay even more. Maybe you can check out Smartsupp.
We would like to use the Zammad Chat. We are currently using Smartsupp.
Where can I track the current state of the app? GitHub?
Is there also maybe a patron or possibility to gift a coffee?
You can’t. It’s coming when it’s ready.
Hopefully „ready“ is coming soon. ![]()
Would still be very, very great to have a mobile App…
Just to leave a comment here after this time
Not a mobile app but a mobile view and might be relevant:
https://community.zammad.org/t/become-a-beta-tester-for-zammad-6-0/11395/4
I don’t think a dedicated mobile app on platforms will come any point soon. Not that I can tell if it’s planned or not. I just don’t see the use and sense personally unless people pay for the cost (as not just development but also keeping it up to date etc costs a lot of money).
Hello, and what about a PWA?
You haven’t read the linked announcement, have you?
What about light mode for ppl who use phone on the street or not in the dark room?
Have a look in the feature request list.
If it’s there, like it. If it’s not, create a feature request for it.
Yes, it’s there
Just had a though maybe there actually hidden plans for it, since I still find it unbelievable for application to have only dark mode
Great to see your enthusiasm for a Zammad mobile app! I agree that having a native app would significantly enhance usability, especially with system integrations like notifications, fingerprint authentication, and phone call handling. Using a cross-platform framework like React Native or Flutter could be a good starting point to keep development manageable while ensuring broad adoption. If you’re looking for expertise, collaborating with a mobile app development company in Dubai could help streamline development and ensure best practices. It might be worth reaching out to the Zammad team or the community to gauge interest and align on architectural decisions. Have you considered setting up a dedicated forum or GitHub discussion to gather contributors and define a roadmap?
You should check our mobile-view which has also PWA support. In the future there will also become functionalities like native notifications via PWA.
While the mobile view looks great and it is very much appreciated to have a working webpage on a mobile device, it doesn’t really hit the core ideas of this request. Here are a few of the noted items for your convenience:
From my experience, PWAs are just super weird comparatively.
This is entirely against the sense of a helpdesk system. I’ve had this request 4-5 times in my past 7 years and most often the argument was “bad reception in super special edge case xyz” which is troublesome.
Also Zammad and its Code Base doesn’t support this kind of thing entirely, as e.g. locking etc would need to be implemented. This has a much larger scope and then we’d also be talking about other apps apart from mobile. I don’t think we wanna open that Box of Pandora. Webpage driven solutions are extremely versatile - and yes, they have downsides.
But we also have to keep an eye on costs. Developing apps, no matter in what scope, costs a lot of effort, time and (in the end) money. Per platform.
Not sure how I would consider caching to be that big of a problem but I understand where you are coming from. Again, I was just rehashing some of the ideas that came up in this thread that seemed of interest to me. I also specified VIEWING, not necessarily allowing offline editing and syncing because I haven’t worked with a ticketing system that supported this (probably for a good reason). My use case for this for this item would be in areas with limited cell reception and bad internet where I might want to have a copy of tickets I need to work.
I’m excited regardless that a more workable mobile thing will be available at some point, PWA or app. I’m also aware it is significantly easier to develop web apps than mobile apps. Out of all the things this project could implement, this is pretty low on my list.
Would it be very cheeky to ask whether mobile apps are still on the roadmap after seven years? I hope that doesn’t get me a snarky reply from @MrGeneration . ![]()
<insert snarky response here>
No honestly, I really doubt that this will come. Native apps are expensive (as I pointed out several times all over the place). But even if they’re planning it, Zammad isn’t communicating ETAs and roadmaps, so who knows.
Maybe it would be good to get a definite no on this thread. Not sure.
I think our current idea is still to have our mobile view as a PWA. For sure, it needs maybe some more love in the future, for example, we need to investigate native notifications via PWA.
@dominikklein, thank you for taking the time to answer, really appreciated! Yeah, agreed, notifications are IMO the no. 1 feature, that mobile apps need, to be useful on a mobile device, whatever the technology (PWA, native, cross-platform). Otherwise - sad reality - some support agents will never open them.