Native mobile apps

as I wrote before we’ve started developing the app with Nativescript and Vue. A start has been done this week as a school project, once it’s barely working I will push it to some repo so anyone can participate. I cannot say when, I hope I will have time in the next few weeks

3 Likes

Good news. Please consider RTL support.
Regards

@maxxer
Hi,
do you have any news to share?

Best wishes to you

Well, some news. I started developing the app based on a Nativescript template, and I had a working auth using Zammad APIs. I got a stop now because I’m having troubles setting up dev env on my PC (I hate java), and also Telerik cloud builds won’t run for a (software) issue.

Not much, but I’ve started. As customers close for summer holidays I might have more time in the next weeks, I hope to get something online in august. I will update here

2 Likes

Hi, I have already integrated Zammad in our company app, seen the interest I’m separating the code and publishing it on github. With a sample app.

At the moment it targets android only, but it can work for Android and iOS with the kotlin multiplatform plugin:

If you don’t like this framework, but still looking for a performant cross-platform solution, that has a React style logic, why don’t use Flutter?

Thanks in advance

4 Likes

nice, thanks! Can you add build instrutcions, for those not used to Glade? And eventually publish it to some stores? If Play store is a problem you can maybe consider F-Droid

Hi @maxxer,

generally you can use “./gradlew build”,
but if you try to open the solution with Android Studio you’ll have all the commands built in the UI.

I want to make clear that this is a client lib with a sample app provided, not a fully featured and ready to publish app.

This is intended to create a mobile client eventually, even a third party one in the meantime.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hello

We’re new in this Solution and wondering , that there is no App for Android and iOS. So all of our Agents using Mobile Apps and this is great.

And iam here and testing Zammad , and my Samsung Note 10 Plus don’t see Web Application in responsive mode. Have to slide the website inside ticket system.

In 2019 not good such behaviour.

Is there any solution ?
A lot of our clients accessing our Ticketsystem with mobile devices.

So for example Zoho is much better and have a great app for agents.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am just updating this here withe the project that I am working on right now for this.

It’s all open source and will be for sale on the iOS App store to help support development

7 Likes

Is there any more work on that? I would love to see native apps, but on Android, too.

Has this been launched anywhere? Is it available to side load if not?

It has not yet been deployed. It is built using Ionic (JavaScript base with Cordova and one other option for a backend) on top of React then just hits the Zammad API. It’s pretty straightforward, I just haven’t had a lot of time to work on it.

If you want to install it yourself, just download and run the ionic deploy commands and you are all set :slight_smile:

Feel free to contribute and/or download and install yourself. I haven’t seen much interest, so I haven’t bothered deploying to App Store. If there is interest, please let me know and I can get it wrapped up!

3 Likes

I’m definitely interested. We have 4000+ users on iPad and would like to drop a native app on their devices for opening tickets and have a native app so my agents can look up work on the go.

Good day,

we are also interested in an app :grinning:

If I can finish this up at put in on the app store for $0.99, would that still be of interest? (Source could always remaining open)

5 Likes

Hi!
For me it is fair that you will be paid for your work - until now and in the future.
So just to get you right: when you say 0,99 - wherefore? One time, per user, per year/month?
And we are talking about iOS/Apple, yes?
Kindest regards,
Frank

I’m thinking just $0.99 on the App Store one time purchase. I think Apple is one purchase per user but could be weong

1 Like

Apple has both variants - account life time and recurring. Depends on the developer.
Any way - please keep in mind the trademark policy especially if you’re planning to get money for it (which is absolutely fine because you put effort and resources into the topic!):
https://zammad-foundation.org/policy/