Native mobile apps
Zammad is great! I love the interface and the architecture.
But unfortunately the lack of mobile makes it useless in many cases. I know this has been discussed on GitHub already, but the corresponding issues are locked.
- Only with mobile apps, we can use the full support of notifications or stuff like virtual assistants (Siri, Google Assistant, …)
- The look and feel is better than with a responsive website.
- Integration with system functions like phone calls etc. is far better.
- You can also use fingerprint sensors, video chat etc. eventually.
So, I would love to contribute to a mobile app. But I can‘t start it completely alone, because of different reasons:
- The architecture should be discussed broadly
- Lack of time
- I want to ensure, that the number of people who can maintain the app is relatively big from the beginning
- The UI should be discussed with or cuntributed by Zeughaus.
- My first idea would be to use a framework like React native or Vue native. However, lincense stuff etc. must be discussed. Maybe a proper language is better?
- Create a wrapper for the API
- Keep integration and UI as independent as possible (idea: build the tools, that for example Zeughaus can create the looks)
- Fingerprint authentication
- Integration of phone calls, video calls, notifications, lock screen widgets.
If we find a team of 5 or more people, I think we could get this done. This would boost Zammad in my eyes massively. Zammad would get just perfect for so many cases.
How to go on?
- Is this a good platform for the discussion of this topic?
- What are your opinions on this?
- What are your ideas?