• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0-1702655605.5505bf07.jammy
  • Used Zammad installation type: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
  • Browser + version: Chrome 120

Expected behavior:

I have multiple triggers.

1. Trigger sets the owner of the ticket based on some parameter
  2. Trigger calls a webhook when owner is changed

I would like to have the second trigger triggered when the first trigger is done triggering.

Actual behavior:

The second trigger only triggers when manually changing the owner of the ticket. I’m quite sure the first trigger works as expected as the owner actually is set fine.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create trigger that sets the owner of a ticket to a particular user based on x
  • Create trigger that does y on an owner change
  • Create ticket that matches x
  • Check if y is done (it’s not in my case)

Could you please share the configuration of the trigger that triggers for changed ticket owners?

Here you go, it’s a very simple trigger:

Hey, I had the same issue, when I was testing with my slightly older “Version 6.1.0-1698752711.d7dece56.bookworm”.

Even changing the execution from “Selective” to “Always” didn’t solve this.
The first trigger for updating ticket owner works well, but my second trigger is not executed automatically - as described by @mathias. I have to save the owner again to make the second trigger doing the defined action.

Somehow I cannot embed a screenshot of my trigger configuration in this reply.

1 Like

Aha. I have checked.

And it’s also the second of 2 triggers that set the owner.
If first one isn’t used yet (but active, it’s just that no conditions have matched yet) so I guessed they both didn’t work.

@MrGeneration Is it better to create a Github issue for this to get picked up by the development team?

I don’t think that this is a bug personally. I can be wrong though.
The “changed” part -at least from my perspective- is relevant if the user changes the owner - that’s no the case if an trigger interferes and thus the trigger ruleset might not reflect that change.

Well, I would argue that changing is an objective action, regardless of who (or what) is causing that action.

The second problem about this case is that the first ‘on owner changed’ trigger actually fires, but more triggers thereafter are not, which is a consistency flaw.