How to get GIF animation Working

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …): unknown
  • Operating system: unknown
  • Browser + version: Firefox 111.0

Expected behavior:

Animated GIF images work in Zammad and get also sent to customer.
We sometime create short animation to show customer to show what buttons they have to click. At moment, we create silent video files which we add as an attachment. But I do not see any reason why we should not save as GIF and therefore why not insert it as inline image.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Copy from Snagit or Microsoft photo to Zammad insert a JPEG instead a GIF
  • Drag and Drop a GIF to Zammad insert an Attachment instead shows the image on the dropped position.
1 Like

That’s not a Zammad issue at all but on how the copy process on most OS’es works.
You’re actually not copying the GIF. You can’t copy paste GIF images inline.

Your browser will make it a still image which is anything but gif.

That explains some strange behavior. As far I know from other tools like GitHub, drag and drop a GIF work.

So I would propose to enhance Drag and Drop, so we could choose if it should attach or show inline.
As an example I like the way Thunderbird works that way. If you drag and drop a drop-area appear that shows you where to put if you wish to add it as attachment.

Sorry but what?

Drag & Drop works just as I expect it to do: It attaches the file as attachment. Nothing more and nothing less.
idc

Github works differently because it’s a) a website and b) not using stuff like attachments in a email sense. Again: Zammad doesn’t allow inline GIFs in an email.

If you think that’s something to be changed, create a feature request here:

If it doesn’t exist yet.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.