Because the last feature request got closed (for w/e reason)
I want to bring the topic up again:
previous: Deleting an attachment in a ticket
previous previous: Delete attachment in a ticket - #3 by merced317
customers adding attachments by mistake,
spam with attachments,
maleware (want to filter (white list) or entirely remove attachments),
We need to be able to
- manually remove attachments from ticket (article) (physically from storage)
- programmatically (REST API) remove attachments from ticket (article) (physically from storage)
I read about the “tmp” solution to entirely remove the ticket.
But this is a ticket system to make life easier. We should not have to do that.
I really would like to see this feature comming (soon).
Otherwise → DSGVO
No specific reason. Discorse does this when a topic gets quiet. Just so you know.
Just for the list of previous requests:
Alternatively i would appreciate a feature that overwrites attachments.
On delete request (UI or API)
- set attachment content (db, filesystem, …) to empty string
- mark attachment with a new flag
- in UI check if attachment has flag
is_deleted true and instead of the actual attachment use a placeholder image for deleted attachments.
- at API return only attachments that have the
is_deleted flag false (or keep them, we would get empty content anyway and see why due to the new flag)
Or use a datetime column
deleted_at default null. If is not null then the attachment has been deleted.
There may be more things to do like the filename, mime type, … . But all this should be possible to handle.
If you cannot (physically) remove attachments, then make it blank.