Multitab functionality

Hi,

I filed an issue on github, because I thought such a great tool as zammad should have multitab support: https://github.com/zammad/zammad/issues/2306

When I open tickets from emails it can be that in the workflow I often go through my open tickets and open them all. On each new tab I see the “continue session” modal. Even on overview pages I already took some selections, then I would like to open a ticket in a new tab to see if it fits into a macro or not. After closing the ticket tab I’m back on the overview page facing the “continue session” modal and all my selections are gone after reload.

So for a nicer workflow multitabbing support would be a really great feature in my opinion.

Andi

6 Likes

Tabs are now allowed for now and I think it’s how Zammad is designed from the beginning. In your workflow I would click open a ticket (not on a new tab), check if it suitable for a macro, close ticket on the left panel, check mark it on overview if it’s the case, then repeat for the next ticket. Finally, drag and drop selected in the macro.

Well thanks for the hint regarding the multitab “feature” - this is actually a bug, we’re on it. :X

1 Like

I agree with inbaz; the session warnings can be pretty annoying when you open ticket links that e.g. other agents have sent you in an internal company chat. Imagine the following scenario:

• I have opened a ticket and I want to tell another agent about this ticket.
  • I send a link to that ticket (e.g. https://zammad.example.com/#ticket/zoom/12) to the other agent via our internal company chat.
  • The other agent opens the link, and the browser will of course open this in a new tab.
  • When the other agent has finished looking at the ticket, he might close the tab.
  • But now the first tab shows the “This session will be stopped to prevent a conflict” message, and clicking on the button causes Zammad to reload, which takes at least a second is a bit annoying.

In my comment I had the following suggestions that might alleviate the problem:

Maybe there’s a solution possible where the new Zammad tab will just cause the first Zammad tab to open the ticket? Or the “This session will be stopped to prevent a conflict” message in the first Zammad tab automatically vanishes after the second tab has been closed?

But if this is already a known bug and can be solved completely, then even better :slight_smile:
If it becomes possible to open Zammad in multiple tabs (again?), then this would allow for workflows where agents have multiple tickets open at the same time in multiple windows, e.g. to look at one ticket while writing another. That would be really helpful.

1 Like

Opening Zammad in multiple tabs suddenly works for us now, not sure why? There’s no mention of it in the 3.0 changelog, and 3.1.0 hasn’t been released yet?

It works on our prod instance (running zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-9), but not our test instance (running zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-5).

I smell a regression here :>

I believe our websocket server is broken. I’ve received complaints today that Zammad will no longer refresh at all, and there are error messages in the websocket log:

E, [2019-06-26T07:48:42.569125 #1-47327053803360] ERROR -- : #<ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: PG::UnableToSend: no connection to the server
: SELECT  "settings"."updated_at" FROM "settings" ORDER BY "settings"."updated_at" DESC LIMIT $1>
E, [2019-06-26T07:48:42.569239 #1-47327053803360] ERROR -- : ["/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:635:in `exec_prepared'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:635:in `block (2 levels) in exec_cache'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies/interlock.rb:46:in `block in permit_concurrent_loads'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/concurrency/share_lock.rb:185:in `yield_shares'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies/interlock.rb:45:in `permit_concurrent_loads'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:634:in `block in exec_cache'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:613:in `block (2 levels) in log'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.4.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:612:in `block in log'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/notifications/instrumenter.rb:21:in `instrument'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:604:in `log'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:633:in `exec_cache'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:613:in `execute_and_clear'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql/database_statements.rb:79:in `exec_query'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:375:in `select_prepared'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:40:in `select_all'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:97:in `select_all'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/activerecord-5.1.7/lib/active_record/relation/calculations.rb:176:in `pluck'", "/opt/zammad/app/models/setting.rb:104:in `load'", "/opt/zammad/app/models/setting.rb:55:in `get'", "/opt/zammad/lib/app_version.rb:18:in `get'", "/opt/zammad/lib/app_version.rb:76:in `event_data'", "/opt/zammad/lib/sessions/event/login.rb:19:in `run'", "/opt/zammad/lib/sessions/event.rb:15:in `run'", "/opt/zammad/lib/websocket_server.rb:102:in `onmessage'", "/opt/zammad/lib/websocket_server.rb:25:in `block (3 levels) in run'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/connection.rb:18:in `trigger_on_message'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/message_processor_06.rb:52:in `message'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/framing07.rb:118:in `process_data'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/handler.rb:47:in `receive_data'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/em-websocket-0.5.1/lib/em-websocket/connection.rb:76:in `receive_data'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:195:in `run_machine'", "/usr/local/bundle/gems/eventmachine-1.2.7/lib/eventmachine.rb:195:in `run'", "/opt/zammad/lib/websocket_server.rb:10:in `run'", "script/websocket-server.rb:130:in `<top (required)>'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:74:in `load'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:74:in `kernel_load'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:28:in `run'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli.rb:424:in `exec'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in `run'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/invocation.rb:126:in `invoke_command'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor.rb:387:in `dispatch'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli.rb:27:in `dispatch'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/base.rb:466:in `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/cli.rb:18:in `start'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/exe/bundle:30:in `block in <top (required)>'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/lib/bundler/friendly_errors.rb:124:in `with_friendly_errors'", "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/bundler-1.16.6/exe/bundle:22:in `<top (required)>'", "/usr/local/bin/bundle:23:in `load'", "/usr/local/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'"]
zammad ~ # docker logs --tail 1000 zammaddockercompose_zammad-websocket_1 | grep ERROR | wc -l   

It’s probably a variation of https://github.com/zammad/zammad-docker-compose/issues/96 - apparently postgres has restarted, and now it probably has the original IP of the init container, and the websocket container is still trying to connect to the old IP:

zammad ~ # docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                                       COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                  NAMES
2bf812c7832f        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-postgresql-3.0.0-9      "/usr/local/bin/back…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days           5432/tcp               zammaddockercompose_zammad-backup_1
aac3849928c3        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-9                 "/docker-entrypoint.…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days           0.0.0.0:8080->80/tcp   zammaddockercompose_zammad-nginx_1
c1df4ff33168        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-9                 "/docker-entrypoint.…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days                                  zammaddockercompose_zammad-websocket_1
5518aa04d9c2        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-9                 "/docker-entrypoint.…"   5 days ago          Up 5 hours                                 zammaddockercompose_zammad-scheduler_1
dae88ac66b43        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-3.0.0-9                 "/docker-entrypoint.…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days                                  zammaddockercompose_zammad-railsserver_1
a17e86547ce2        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-postgresql-3.0.0-9      "docker-entrypoint.s…"   5 days ago          Up 24 hours         5432/tcp               zammaddockercompose_zammad-postgresql_1
19fa30d60c39        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-elasticsearch-3.0.0-9   "/bin/bash bin/es-do…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days           9200/tcp, 9300/tcp     zammaddockercompose_zammad-elasticsearch_1
278378b48f2d        zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-memcached-3.0.0-9       "/docker-entrypoint.…"   5 days ago          Up 5 days           11211/tcp              zammaddockercompose_zammad-memcached_1

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.