File-1 / file-2 attachment after Migration from OTRS

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: source
  • Operating system: RHEL 8.5
  • Browser + version: Chrome v. 101.0.4951.54 and Firefox v. 100.0.1

Expected behavior:

When I migrate from OTRS to Zammad, it will migrate the point listed from Mr.Generation in this thread: Migrate just OTRS users and passwords

All the attachments will remain the same, as they are part of the tickets.

Actual behavior:

After the migration, in some tickets, there is a “file-1” or “file-2” as an attachment. There can be multiple files per ticket, because one file is always referenced to one thread of the ticket. So for example, there can be a file-2 for the request and one for the agents answer.
The content of this file is always the content of the tickets thread in HTML format.

What I recognized is, that if you have an HTML formatted email in OTRS and migrate it to Zammad, it messed up the HTML format and has a file-1 / 2. If I look at the same ticket in Zammad (after it was migrated from OTRS), it does not have any HTML Formats anymore (which it has on the OTRS side). For example, the hyperlinks are no hyperlinks anymore. Instead, you have a reference at the bottom of the ticket.

However if I create a ticket after the migration (which comes directly into Zammad and is therefore not migrated) i shows all HTML format correctly. Therefore, I think it has to do with the migration. The migration has been made via the ruby console.

Any Idea why that could be? Anything that could be done differently to prevent this?

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.