Do not reopen Ticket, but do not create a new one

• Used Zammad version: 3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: deb
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version:

Customers often re-open a ticket by just saying “thank you”.
That really sucks, because:

Either they reopen the ticket, so that I do not find it under closed tickets, the SLA forces me to reclose it, my statistics become ugly. We are Using an Overview “to be billed”, with closed tickets that have a time accounting. If the ticket stays open, there will be no invoice.

Or he opens a new ticket and creates spam in our Ticketsystem.

That are the possibilities that Zammad can offer.

I would like to have the following situation:

• I close the ticket.
  • The Clients gets an Mail "Thank you, your ticket was closed, please don’t answer any more, create a new ticket if the problem persists
  • the client answers “wow thank you” or “nope, the problem is still there”
  • the ticket stays closed, the comment of the customer is found in the closed ticket
  • the customer gets an email “I told you not to answer ! Create a new ticket if the problem persists by just composing a new Mail to support@idontcare.com

Could I realize that with triggers? Will you ever integrate this?

I see a similar pattern, i don’t think we want to have it solved the same way as you. But it’s certainly something that seems common (and polite). And was indeed thinking what kind of workflow you could apply on this. I’m interested how other people deal with this?

I would imagine some way, that the ticket closes itself after being reopenend by “Thank You”.
That could be a way for the setting “reopen ticket”.

I found a workaround:

1. Create an Ticket Object Boolean “Keep Closed” with default “False”
  2. Create a trigger: If Ticket is closed, set “keep closed” true
  3. Create a Trigger: If Ticket is open and “keep closed” is true, set Ticket closed

I added “send Email: Sorry, this ticket is closed, your answer will not be reviewed” to point 3

1 Like

Thank you, I wish this were an option. I find terrible that this doenst exist…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.