Delete attachment in a ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.5.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 89

Expected behavior:

• Customer added an attachment to Zammad that has sensitive information in it that needs to be purged from the system. How can just the attachment be removed from the ticket?

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Customer attaches either via email or directly an attachment that has sensitive information in it.
5 Likes

Removing single is not supported by Zammad.
In fact we strongly encourage against trying so.

Zammad detects duplicate attachments to store them once only.
This will lead to a heck ton of issues if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Please, don’t.

While I appreciate your stance and your response, it’s quite difficult to control what users add to the ticketing system. What if the user accidentally clicks the wrong file and ends up uploading the financials for the company or classified information or any other number of BadThings™ to end up in Zammad? We, the end users of the system, are requesting a way to be in compliance with legal requirements and having a setup whereby we are encouraged not to purge erroneous attachments leaves us potentially exposed to legal action and is, quite frankly, unacceptable.

I sincerely hope that your stance on this request changes in the future.

1 Like

Two things:
The only way you currently can react to such a situation is to completely remove the ticket.
You could split out the important information to keep before hand if needed.

Yes extra work, sucks, I know, but the only way.

If you want such a functionality and it has not been requested yet, the perfect action would be to create a feature request on this board. Add use cases to help others understand your request better. We use these feature requests on this board to see how important a specific functionality is for the community.

Hi,

We are also very interested in this feature.
I’ve just created the feature request post here : Deleting an attachment in a ticket

Best,

Olivier.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.