Working with Multiple Browser Tabs

Look it’s very simple.
You want it, a feature request.

Use the first article to heart it as a vote. That’s the only way we measure - you can post and repeat yourselfes in one or several threads all day if you want, however, it won’t change the weight on a feature need.

While you only see me steering against it it’s simply because it’s not supported and currently out of scope.
It requires deep changes.

That’s the last time I’m commenting on such a topic, don’t worry.

1 Like

I know. I just wanted to mention the way we work and why tabs would be very nice to us. But even without tabs, Zammad remains the best and easiest to handle ticket system I have seen until now.

this is the first addon package I ever see. Thank you. I will test it on out old zammad instance that I just migrated to a new server

@MrGeneration To clarify: I really love the Zammad feature of having one tab only. The only thing I need is opening external links into that one tab.

@Stubenhocker Thank you, will try that.

Thank you!

Almost everything works like intended. URLs open directly in Zammad as intended.

We use Zulip as our chat and there it can linkify a text like #10123 to an URL. However I cannot use the URL https://Zammad/#ticket/zoom/10123 because internally the URL https://Zammad/#ticket/zoom/125 is needed. I worked around that by using the URL https://Zammad/#search/number%3A10123. That is not exactly related to your addon package though.

See also:

1 Like

I’ve created a PR for that here, as I think it might be a useful addition in general.

5 Likes

Just FYI: Installed it, works great. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The same problem is in Zammad itself. I’ve tested around with the chat, if you store the chat conversation as a ticket, then only a link to the chat is stored. If you click on the link inside this ticket, it opens in a new tab and the other tab gets disconnected.

Hi. Currently installed it in our (also agent-only) production setup with Zammad 5.2.1. Works like charm (It is really useful to force one and only Browser Tab with one and only active Zammad when clicking on Ticket links in other applications). Thank you so much.

We really tried to break the package’s expected behavior … but it simply worked reliably so far :-D. Hope that gets into the core (at least as option). :smiley: Will test with Common Users (and not only agents) in a lab instance soon.

Edit: Typos

3 Likes

Works just fine @Stubenhocker . Thanks a lot to have found this solution to one of the few real nuisances of Zammad. And even w/o any deep changes to Zammad :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I install it on Windows?

Zammad doesn’t support windows as server runtime environment.
As this is a technical question of whatever direction, please use your own thread for that.

1 Like

Just created an account just to say THANK YOU! :slight_smile: :fire:

1 Like

Hello @Stubenhocker,

after upgrading to Zammad 5.3 your plugin isn’t working anymore :frowning:

I’ll check it out!

I’m slowly beginning to realize my mistake of posting about my addon in this thread directly rather than making a new post and linking to it, I didn’t intend to hijack the conversation ongoing here. Sorry!

For future discussions regarding the addon it’s probably best to just have it’s dedicated thread now here:

@colesnicov Please post details with what exact version of Zammad you’re using and if there are any errors reported in the console in the thread above or open a new issue in the addons github repo.

What’s the recommended workflow with Zammad when you get sent a link to a ticket by chat?

Frankly I find this “one tab only” idea bizarre, especially when trying to copy/paste from one ticket on one screen to another ticket on another screen.

Hi Andre, I never copy&paste the link to a ticket to my colleagues. I instead copy&paste the ticket hook to them. Or some of my colleagues go fancy and use the shift+ctrl+2xdot shortcut to copy the ticket information into the clipboard. This will have the ticket id and the ticket title in it. I just drop the ticket id into my search, instead of pasting the link to my browser.

See Keyboard Shortcuts — Zammad (for Agents) documentation for more information on that shortcut.

I don’t quite follow. Who are you quoting?

I’ve removed that post due to off topic and unclear quotation.
Please use own threads if you have technical questions.

It doesn’t help the matter of this thread nor speeds it up at all.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.