Whatsapp business API

Hi, it’s possible to use the new whatsapp business api in zammad? For me it’s a great feature create ticket for a new whatsapp business chat. It’s a planned feature in a short time?
thank you

best regards

70 Likes

Hello,

as far as I’m aware, this is not on the roadmap too soon.
Currently we’re focussed on optimizing and fixing the current APIs (e.g. facebook and twitter).

Bests :slight_smile:

The community can vote for this Feature request, this will show us how important this get’s for our users.

If you’d be interested in us implementing this feature for you, we can send you a quote, if you’d like. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is def. Something i m looking for.
Would be great if WhatsApp could be integrated :+1:

4 Likes

WhatsApp integration the same as telegram is my interest too.

1 Like

Likewise, WhatsApp would be very useful and I imagine that the commercial competitors to Zammad will be on this quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am working on a project that is looking into adding WhatsApp and Signal support to Zammad. These would be released as open-source modules, free for all to use. Not sure of our timeline yet, but happy to keep discussing specific needs, requests, and will update here as things are firmed up.

9 Likes

This sounds awesome, thanks for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For Signal (https://signal.org/), there is already a command line interface library that supports DBUS that we’ve used.

We have already used this on other systems to support sending secure notifications.

Sweet! Let us know if you need support on this @n8fr8 - we’re happy to help and clarify things :rocket:

1 Like

Will be useful if provide us a howto article.

Yes, we’ll post information as we have it. This will likely take a few months to be fully developed, documented, and released. Also, we are still waiting for approval to work with the WhatsApp Business API, as it is only in preview mode. We were working with an unauthorized third-party library before, but it is more risky to use that method.

2 Likes

Feel free to take your time so the extension can get really great! :slight_smile:

I’ll be happy to add documentation for those two integrations on our documentation if we’re ready. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Upvote for this. A lot of my customers message via WhatsApp so would be useful to have this integrated.

2 Likes

please upvote on the initial post on this thread, otherwise it’s very hard to determine the “votes”

2 Likes

it will impact to new user Zammad if WhatsApp available, many users from big company will use Zammad. Trust me!

2 Likes

Looking forward for this feature. If someone is willing to mentor me, I would like to build it myself.

Regards,
Vaibhav Maheshwari

@n8fr8 awesome you’re working on this! :slight_smile:

Any update how it’s going?

Good progress! We have successfully implemented Signal for Zammad, and will be publishing that work soon. For WhatsApp, it turns out the Business API is very limited at this time, and we have not been able to get production access.

For now, we are looking at Twilio’s WhatsApp Messaging API as the best bet that anyone can use. You can learn more about it here: https://www.twilio.com/whatsapp/api

We are also considering an app that runs on a device, that could enable sending/recv messages via WhatsApp using the Android Accessibility API. This would be a free option, but require a bit of interesting hacking to get it all hooked up.

Stay tuned, more coming soon!

4 Likes

Whow! Great idea! Would love to see this working. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yes please, would really be an asset :slight_smile: