Variable for first ticket article needed

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.2
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• E-Mail notification on ticket change should include initial ticket description (first article)

Actual behavior:

• E-Mail notification on ticket change only includes the change and if present last article that was made together with the change, not the first article

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Change owner or group of ticket

I know similar questions to this have been brought up before but I think what I am looking for has not been answered before. We want to change the notification e-mail template for ticket_update to include the initial ticket description but the variable {article.body_as_html} doesn’t work for this. Even on tickets with no other articles after the the initial ticket description the notification e-mail when the ticket is changed doesn’t contain the description.

Example workflow:

• Customer opens Ticket via Mail or Web
  • Ticket is automatically assigned to group “New Tickets”
  • Helpdesk agent receives ticket_create notification containing the ticket description
  • Helpdesk agent assigns different group
  • Agent(s) in group receives ticket_update notification containing only the ticket summary but not the description

Is there a possibility to include the first article as a variable? If not please make this a feature request.

Thanks
Andreas

I’ve changed this threads category to feature requests, as this currently is not possible as far as I’m aware.

This is indeed possible—I have just tested it and can confirm that using the following variable does the job:

#{ticket.articles.first.body}

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a good start. But it doesn’t work 100% correct for me. The Text is full of html tags and loses all of its original formatting. I also tried #{ticket.articles.first.body_as_html} but that did the same. Didn’t this happen when you tested it? I already use Zammad 3.3 if that makes a difference.

While it’s technically possible to output such stuff, we do not officially support it. So it might work but not intended by us to do so :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.