- Used Zammad version: 3.1.x moving to latest
- Used Zammad installation type: package
- Operating system: Centos 7 and Rocky Linux
- Browser + version: Vivaldi, firefox, edge
moving from Zammad server with Postgres 9.2 to Postgres 10.17
- Backup and restore process to work
manual Postgres process to work
or custom process described in the below linked article to work
upgrading the current working server to a newer version, I have yet to be able to not break everything upon upgrading Zammad. Postgres also fails to upgrade and since a higher version of Postgres is needed for the latest Zammad version, the Zammad upgrade also fails.
- No matter what I try to do, there seems to be no way to successfully restore the DB and/or Zammad
Running the custom script zammad_restore.sh fails, everything breaks afterwards and even after fixing the config files to get things somewhat running, a small portion of the data is restored(a few ticket tags but that is all).
Manual psql restore fails with countless errors
pg_dump and pg_restore are the same
- Attempt a restore using the backup.sh script or a manual Postgres restore
Attempted steps in these other posts:
Is there any way to sequentially upgrade Postgres? Should I/Could I install the same version(3.1.x) on the new server, migrate and then upgrade from there?