[solved] File button to show all attached files in a ticket

If a ticket gets longer you have to scroll trough the whole ticket to find attached files.

It would be nice to have a button which shows all files attached to a ticket.

e.g.

1 Like

mhm.
Maybe run zammad run rails r "Setting.set('ui_ticket_zoom_sidebar_article_attachments', true)" restart Zammad and be happy.

8 Likes

thank you Marcel - that was exactly the thing I was looking for.

Iā€™m trying to run this, but it seems i donā€™t have this setting. The settings seems to be introduced in zammad/20180220000001_setting_attachment_preview.rb at 5df98684da64aed93cc29e4be029d81566520906 Ā· zammad/zammad Ā· GitHub. While iā€™m still at zammad version 3.6.X, i would expect it to be available. Also checking the settings table i donā€™t see any setting with that name. Am i missing something obvious?

zammad@75f4b85b4fbf:~$ rails r ā€œSetting.set(ā€˜ui_ticket_zoom_sidebar_article_attachmentsā€™, true)ā€
Traceback (most recent call last):
18: from bin/rails:9:in <main>' 17: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in requireā€™
16: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:257:in load_dependency' 15: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in block in requireā€™
14: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:29:in require' 13: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:20:in require_with_bootsnap_lfiā€™
12: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/loaded_features_index.rb:65:in register' 11: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in block in require_with_bootsnap_lfiā€™
10: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in require' 9: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in ā€™
8: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/command.rb:46:in invoke' 7: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/command/base.rb:69:in performā€™
6: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/thor-1.1.0/lib/thor.rb:392:in dispatch' 5: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/thor-1.1.0/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in invoke_commandā€™
4: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/thor-1.1.0/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in run' 3: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:41:in performā€™
2: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:41:in eval' 1: from /usr/local/bundle/gems/railties-5.2.4.5/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:41:in ā€™
/opt/zammad/app/models/setting.rb:37:in `setā€™: Canā€™t find config setting ā€˜ui_ticket_zoom_sidebar_article_attachmentsā€™ (RuntimeError)

Thanks Olaf

Yeah, well most probably any important migrations that did not run.
Thatā€™s the only reason why these settings may be missing. that functionality is fairly old (pre 3.0)

1 Like

would running ā€œrake db:migrate:up VERSION=20180220000001ā€ do trick, or should i run these important migrations in another way?

1 Like

awsome running the migration did the trick, the feature works great. Thanks!

How have I never even heard of this setting before? I canā€™t find any mention of this in the docs, I canā€™t find any GUI setting for this in Zammad. Should this be in the GUI? I only started with Zammad in the end of 2019 so I canā€™t have missed any migrations. In your response to the original question you make it sound like this setting should be common knowledge but itā€™s obviously very well hidden and could be communicated better if you ask me.

This has been a hidden settings ever since.
The requirement of this functionality is fairly low.

We try to keep Zammads settings as slim as possible when ever possible. Said setting is such a case.

You can only set it via console currently is the only way. Not sure if itā€™s currently living in the console documentation - that one needs rework any way soā€¦

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.