Show more, Show less of Article View

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: (package,)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
  • Browser + version: Edge, Firefox u. Chrome latest.

Hello all,

Articles are cut from indeterminate lines,
sometimes there is a fading line between them, sometimes not.

I think they should be cut from the signature, but we can’t see what criteria this section comes from. Sometimes right after salutation article is cut off.

This was once implemented here:

Can you tell me according to what criteria and conditions this article section is applied ?

Thanks

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• i,m looking to be able to reproduce them.

Zammad tries to detect the begin of the signature of the email.
Usually for example -- would be such an indicator. This is not always spot on.

This is exactly what I have inserted. But unfortunately it doesn’t work reliably.

Article breaks off arbitrarily from the middle or beginning of the article, although there are still many lines to signature indicator.

I can’t figure out how this happens.

grafik

1 Like

I wrote it here too. You can see in my animation that the text is cutted.

My two reports are in state „needs verification“ since 1 month so I think the team will be check that. :slight_smile:

this is rather a different Isseu,
what I am describing is similar to this one:

That’s true, but it’s also visible in the animation at the time. The text actually continues and is cut off too early. But your linked issue is correct!

Because we are talking about outgoing emails, I think it should be possible to recognize the beginning of the signature - that is called from the email channel - without body delimiters.

It should actually work reliably, because there are always users who think the article has ended here and no longer click on “Show more”.

1 Like