Show merged tickets for multiple customers

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: MF68esr

Expected behavior:

If we have a main issue and 2 or more customers open a ticket for this issue, the support is merging it to only one ticket and all customers can follow the solution progress.

Actual behavior:

If i actually merge tickets from different customers, only one (the real) customer can see the ticket history. The other guys only see the merged status and have insufficient permissions to open the main issue ticket.

Zammad should stack the customers and should be accessible to all involved guys.

Greetings, Daniel.

Hi @MrGeneration, have you seen the ticket? :blush:

Must have overseen this thread, sorry!

Honestly I don’t think that’s a good idea.
The reason why it works before merging, is because you have users in CC.
If you merge this ticket away into another ticket, it “looses” these META information and does no longer affect the CCd users.

In fact, the customers referenced in the ticket you merge into the other one are not important / relevant.
Reason for this is that we don’t merge meta information (like the state) but only articles. This means, the customer of your destination ticket is relevant to this action.

For instance, if you merge the other way around, all users from the destination ticket still should see the ticket.

Ok, because then there could still be two tickets, where in both could be several people in copy, I have solved it now as follows:

• the main ticket gets the tag “public”
  • i have created a new overview that shows all customers the “public” tickets

Thx and have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:
Daniel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.