Allow multiple customers to be assigned to a ticket

Hi,

We’ve only recently started using Zammad after moving from Request Tracker. Coming from Request Tracker, we were use to being able to assign multiple customers to a ticket who would all receive emails/notifications and be able to contribute. It also had the option of adding “watchers” that would automatically get CC’d and notified of replies.

Assuming I haven’t missed something obvious, it would be really good if Zammad supported something similar.

Does this reasonable? To give some context, we’re using Zammad for an internal IT helpdesk. I understand such a use case is unlikely when using Zammad as a public helpdesk/ticketing system, but where it’s used as an internal helpdesk system I’d imagine this to be a relatively common requirement. I get the impression that Zammad was originally designed as a public helpdesk, and has slowly been gaining features to make it more tailored as an internal helpdesk such as allowing agents to also be customers.

Such a feature would also solve the awkwardness around merging tickets from multiple customers where only one customer ends up being able to see the merged ticket as mentioned in another related feature request: Show merged tickets for multiple customers and here Ticket should be visible for more than one customer · Issue #1307 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

51 Likes

Like the OP, I would very much like to see this capability added to Zammad. I see from GitHub issues that this has been requested for around six years. It’s not just IT Helpdesk scenarios as the OP calls out where this would have value, I can imagine that it would be useful for a plethora of other use-cases. Not everything can be grouped together as an Organisation, and it would be incredibly helpful if any given ticket could have the concept of multiple people/watchers/customers associated. Sadly, this is the blocking factor for my company being able to shift to Zammad from RT.

2 Likes

+1 on this feature request. We are also using Zammad as an internal IT helpdesk, and would often make use of assigning multiple customers to a single ticket (eg: employee & their supervisor). We recently moved to Zammad from Spiceworks, and we are missing this feature.

3 Likes

Be sure to vote on a particular feature request by clicking the heart of the first post.

I’m in the process of migrating to Zammad from a custom Drupal build and this is one feature we use a lot and is missing.

We often have multiple clients assigned to a ticket so that others in the organization are aware of all the requests coming in and can prioritise them. While this can be done in the web interface, many people don’t regularly login and rely on emails to know what’s going on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.