Repository für Ubuntu 22.04

Hi,
is there already existing a repository for Ubuntu 22.04 server?
If possible, I would like to move my on-premises zammad installation to a new server running the new Ubuntu version.

Hey,

https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/prerequisites/software.html#supported-distributions

cheers

1 Like

Hi svnr-dvnkln,

you see? And that is why I am asking.

Sorry seems like there’s some misunderstanding here :sweat_smile:

You asked:

I provided a link to the official documentation - specifically linking the supported distributions for you (which should answer your question more than clearly).

Is there anything i’m missing?

1 Like

Hey svnr-dvnkln,

I’m able to read. :wink:
So I know that at the moment max Ubuntu version is 20.04 Focal Fossa.
Seems like I didn’t express myself properly.
My idea is if there is already a package for 22.04, which is stable or nearly stable and therefore not listed on the documentation website.
To be able to add this repository to test out a possible server move.

I have Zammad on Ubuntu 22.04 , there are no extra packages or repositories for it, just like 16.04 and 18.04.

It also runs stable on Ubuntu 22.04.

Okay guys.
There is no package for Ubuntu 22 available as of now.

ETA unknown and highly depends on our upstream packager.
Installing Zammad with repositories that do not match your OS version and type is not recommend and might lead to unexpected issues. Every issue that raises by using unsupported repositories or installation types results in your own little playground, experience and joy.

1 Like

Hi Marcel,

thanks a lot for clarifying.

Hi 7qubit,

thank you, have you tested this unsupported configuration by yourself?
Did you move old data from the old installation to 22.04 installation?
Or have you done an in-place-upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04?

In-place upgrade, with “dist-upgrade”.
it is your own decision or wait for official support.

I would try it at a test machine and watch it.
I’ve had Zammad on Ubuntu 22.04 for a long time, I have to say that makes no difference, there are no errors.

I will wait some time and maybe I’ll setup a new vm in the meantime with 22.04 and test out the 20.04 repository just for playing around. If a have the time… :wink:

That’s why we have to praise developers of Zammad, because during updates there are rarely compatibility problems. I know of applications that cause problems with any minor updates.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Hi 7qubit, you are so right. I’ve already had a lot of updates since using zammad, and not even one had a problem. This is really great.
A few years ago I had to administrate a ticketserver with a well known software named O**S, and - what you said - every (every!) minor update left me alone with awful problems.
A server move was a question of days, not hours… extremely painful software to administrate.
So again thank you for this great piece of software. I love it already. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.