RE Drag+Drop from Outlook 365 (client) to Zammad deletes email in Outlook

Reopen of Drag+Drop from Outlook 365 (client) to Zammad deletes email in Outlook

Please add .dropEffect = “copy” since it seems to be “move” by Default which causes this issue.

Thank you.

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: Docker
  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • Browser + version: Chrome 83

Expected behavior:

• drag and drop a mail from outlook to a ticket
  • the email gets added to the ticket
  • the email remains in Outlook

Actual behavior:

• the email is deleted in outlook

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• open Outlook 365 (desktop application)
  • select a email and drag it to the zammad new ticket description field
  • drop de email
  • the email remains in Outlook

I’ve tried the same on other sites that use a dropzone to add files, they do pick-up the MSG file from outlook, but don’t delete the email in outlook. I’ve searched for an option to disabled this behavior, but didn’t find anything.

Hey @mg4life - thanks for the follow up and the hint on .dropEffect = "copy". This looks like a viable option. @MrGeneration can you please create an issue from this and add the .dropEffect = "copy" reference?

1 Like

Hey @thorsteneckel what is the status now?
Is it on your list for the next Update?
Thank you.

The creation of this issue still lifes on my list as I currently can’t find spare time to do so.
Sorry for that delay.

Please note that we never communicate ETAs or timelines for bug fixing or functionality, so that’s more a “coming when it’s ready” thingie.

Sorry for the huge delay on my end!
Not just because this affects a paying customer by now, but also because I was way too slow I put this issue in priotized workflow.

If you want to view the current state you can find the issue here:

We’ll update the ticket as soon as anything moves.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.