Expected behavior:

• drag and drop a mail from outlook to a ticket
  • the email gets added to the ticket
  • the email remains in Outlook

Actual behavior:

• the email is deleted in outlook

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• open Outlook 365 (desktop application)
  • select a email and drag it to the zammad new ticket description field
  • drop de email
  • the email remains in Outlook

I’ve tried the same on other sites that use a dropzone to add files, they do pick-up the MSG file from outlook, but don’t delete the email in outlook. I’ve searched for an option to disabled this behavior, but didn’t find anything.

Could you please share how you configured your E-Mail channel?

Either you chose POP3 (which deletes mail by default) or you chose IMAP with not keeping the messages on the server.

You can find more regarding this here: https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels-email.html

I don’t think this has anything to do with the e-mail channel? This is when end users create a new ticket in which they add a MSG file via drag and drop from their Outlook client. In their own email box (not linked to Zammad) the email gets deleted (not going to the trash).

Sorry but I don’t think this is Zammad related then??

If you think so, please check (and maybe share) your docker-logs.
My guess is that either the message was so broken that it didn’t import it or Zammad never saw it.

Zammad does delete mails after fetching.

To make it more clear I recorded 2 video’s.

Video 1: drag and drop from Outlook to Zammad:

Video 2: drag and drop from Outlook to a different site
https://streamable.com/gvf45

The second video uses a dropzone for files that keeps the file in outlook, Zammad doesn’t. Might be some function from the drag-drop action that gives another command back to outlook?

Sorry but I don’t think that this is a direct cause of Zammad.
Maybe there’s special hacks for this, but if we’d actively remove stuff, your files would have to miss after wards as well.

What do you think, @thorsteneckel ?

Hey @PRBM - welcome to the community! I’ve never seen or heard of this behavior before. Very interesting and strange. I’ve checked the code that is responsible for uploading files but haven’t found anything that I can relate to this. I’m sorry but I think I can’t help. If you find any information on this behavior I’ll happily take a second look.

Okay, thanks for looking into it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Small update on this even though this thread if closed, but for completness.
This is actually an issue and we created one for this:

Sorry that this took so long.