New ticket from caller log with customer already filled

Title: New ticket from caller log with customer already filled

1) What is your original issue/pain point you want to solve?
When a call comes in from a known customer, you can click the “+”-Button to create a new ticket, where the customer is already filled. When the call is answered, the button disappears, so you can’t click it.

When the call is presented to multiple agents you can run into a “race condition” in the form that you have to click the button and answer the call at the same time, although it can happen, that another agent answers the call at the time while you click the button and vice versa.

In the caller log you have no option to create a ticket where the customer field is filled. You have to click at the customer and then to “New ticket” from the action menu. Having a button to create a new ticket directly from the caller log is a short cut and prevents you from doing to many clicks.

2) Which are one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most?
Our agents did not use the caller log at the moment due to this restriction. If they create tickets for inbound calls, they search for the customer and then create the ticket. When creating a new ticket and searching for the right customer it is sometimes a “trial and error” situation, because there are no additional informations if you type a name in the customer search field at the ticket creation mask. I want to give them an improvement for the caller log.

3) Why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard?
There is no button for new tickets at the caller log. Only a button to create a new user.

4) What is your expectation/what do you want to achieve?
A better workflow for our agents to use the caller log.

Your Zammad environment:

• Average concurrent agent count: 10-15
  • Average tickets a day: 20-40
  • What roles/people are involved: Agents

I have done this for me by adding a href to the ticket creation endpoint using the customer id. It looks like this:

In my company i’ve got many positive feedbacks. Now i’m looking for some feedback here, to push the improvement to the zammad source.

1 Like

This is exactly the solution I have been looking for for some time. Can you describe the implementation in more detail?

I have inserted a new div to the caller log view. But this is not an update-safe option. Maybe you can do some monkey patching to get it update-safe.

Warning: Modify the file at your own risk!

You have to open /opt/zammad/app/assets/javascripts/app/views/cti/caller_log.jst.eco

Here at around line 58 there starts an if-block
<% if caller_id.user_id && App.User.exists(caller_id.user_id): %>

A few lines later ther is the following:

<div class="js-avatar" data-id="<%- caller_id.user_id %>" data-level="<%= caller_id.level %>"></div>
<a class="text-muted" href="<%- App.Utils.phoneify(item.from_pretty) %>"><%= item.from_pretty %></a>

after that i insert the following div:
<div class="btn btn--text btn--create no-padding"><a href="#ticket/create/customer/<%- caller_id.user_id %>"><span><%- @Icon('plus-small') %> <%- @T('New Ticket') %></a></div>

Run zammad run rake assets:precompile after saving the file, restart your zammad, reload the page in your browser and the new link should be there.

It works fine. Thank you, this is a great solution.

1 Like