Microsoft 365 Mailbox Setup

Hi everyone,

So before Microsoft switched to Modern Authentication we were using a shared mailbox from our Exchange Online Server. support@company.com

Than the switch to Modern OAuth happened and so we implemented that - so far so good.
I’ve also seen a Mailbox thread in here that describes on how to setup probably but i think i did something wrong.

Link to Thread:

So basically i have a shared mailbox setup that has an email address: support@company.com
which i redirected all emails to my company office account m.w@company.com.

I than configured my company account into zammad and setup a filter that should put all emails coming from support to an Zammad Group. (And yes i watched closely that i put the filter on the To Field since it is redirected)

But now i get in all Emails from my account - what did i do wrong?

And also if there is a better way i’m more than open for ideas.

I’m using Zammad Version 5.4.1.

I’m not sure I understand exactly how you have those emails filtered, but why aren’t you using support@company.com in Zammad? If those are the emails that you want tickets created from, why isn’t Zammad monitoring that inbox?

Yeah that worked before Micorsoft did that change - since support@company.com is a shared mailbox which has no password and so that i can implement it via imap

So since i did that switch to m365 modern authentication, i have created an email loop which i cant seem to stop.All of my Mails form my work account which i m.w@company.com get created as tickets and so i get a mail every 2 seconds.

I have removed the Microsoft Accounts from Zammad.

I tried removing the outbound email account but there is no delete button.

Even if i stop zammad on my server the mails get send continuosly

I use a shared mailbox. Easiest way to make a shared mailbox work is to make it a normal mailbox, set it up in Zammad, then switch it back to shared.

So that means i need a license for that converted “shared” mailbox too?

Yea, but only temporary. Maybe 15-30 minutes.