- Used Zammad version: 5.1.x
- Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
- Operating system: Windows 11
- Browser + version: Chrome 110.0.5481.177
- We use the Microsoft 365 channel to read and send email. As the folder to read hasn’t been specified, we would expect all incoming mail to end up in Zammad. That includes email that is marked as unwanted or spam by Microsoft/Outlook and ends up in the spam folder.
- Email that is marked as unwanted or spam by Microsoft/Outlook is not read by Zammad and is only retrievable by going into the Microsoft/Outlook environment and opening the spam folder
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Connect a Microsoft 365 account to Zammad, and receive mail that is marked as unwanted/spam by Microsoft/Outlook. It will not appear in Zammad.
How do we make sure that these spam-emails are also read by Zammad? Is this something that should/can be configured within Zammad or is this purely a Microsoft issue?