Manually processed E-Mails in wrong group

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.60
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: CentOS
  • Browser + version: all Browsers

Expected behavior:

• When E-Mails cant be processed they get dropped in tmp/unprocessable_mail folder. The command " rails r ‘Channel::EmailParser.process_unprocessable_mails’ " tries to process them again. After execution they get dropped in the right group in zammad.

Actual behavior:

• After executing the command all unprocessable_mails get imported into group ID: 1. They do not get sorted correctly.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Manually import unprocessable_mails.

In my opinion this works as designed (even if not expected). Normally what routes the E-Mail to a group is the E-Mail collector itself (since it knows what group it does collect for). This information is missing within the manual process.

I will talk to a developer tomorrow if this is really designed to act that way. I’ll get back to you

So, kinda just like I thought. The we do not see this as a bug, but working as designed. We currently do not plan on changing the way this process works.

But
We’ll take a look into the actualy problem you have with the Mails ( see E-Mails cant be processed - RecordNotFound ), because normally you should have this situation not that often and also not in such high numbers.

Thanks for the info. For me it made sense to sort it straight into the right groups. For failing e-mails i had to sort them manually after processing them manually. If this is working as intended this topic can be closed.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.