Mandatory fields cannot be changed

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker
  • Operating system: windows + linux
  • Browser + version: firefox + edge + chrome

It seems to be impossible to change the mandatory fields while creating a customer,
leading to being unable to (correctly) create customers when a mail comes in from a customer’s general address, with only their firstname.

Related post: Customize mandatory fields for "Creating new customer"

Expected behavior:

• be able to select the mandatory fields based on requirements

Actual behavior:

• impossible to create customer when 1 of the mandatory fields is not set, and possible to create one while a desired field is not set

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• create a customer, but leave a mandatory field open: customer cannot be created

in our case the issue is:

• a customer that mails from their “info@” email, and signs with only “john” cannot be added to the system (because we cannot add john unless we set john doe)

• a customer can still be created, even if no organisation has been assigned, so we are unable to link both

This is actually very easy to do with a core workflow like this:

Once you realize the possibilities core workflows are an awesome feature

2 Likes

thanks a lot!
this is exactly what i needed, and it seems i have some digging into the core workflows to do :slight_smile:

and now that i search through the documentation (specific on core workflows) i see there is documentation for it as well.
seems i was looking, but in the wrong places.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.