- Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
- Used Zammad installation type: source
- Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04
- Browser + version: Chrome 91 / Edge 91 / Firefox 90
- Show the knowlege base to logged customers
- When i try to add to the Customer Role access to read [Knowledge Base Reader] i get the error message: Cannot set default at signup when role has knowledge_base.reader permissions.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Login as admin user
- Navigate to the Roles link
- Choose Customer Role that is set as default role
- check the Knowledge Base Reader option
- Warning message showed
I know that the documentation say that the kwnoledge base is for agent use, but i can reduce the amount of tickets by allowinf the users to search in the KB and if they see an article and it don’t works create a ticket based on the KB Article.
I can’t publish the KB as public because there is business functions wrote in the KB.
Zammad currently has no builtin options to have several role based accesses to knowledgebase categories.
At least these feature requests do fit your requirement:
I know this is not a real answer to your question, but we use an external Wiki for this same purpose (DokuWiki) which has LDAP support and rights assignments. We link to these frequently for users to reduce our answering the same questions over and over again.
thank you for your answer, yes i think about it, but i want that the agents or KB admins update only one source of KB.
That is because i’m looking for a way to trigger a response before create a ticket when someone send an email to helpdesk, instead of a ticket creation trigger a KB search and return to the user a list of possible KB that reduce the creation of auto-clossing tickets and makes the KB admin focused keeping the KB up-to-date.
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.