Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u5 (2019-08-11) x86_64
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

• Ticket can be opened

Actual behavior:

• Error message “Oops… I’m sorry, but you have insufficient rights to open this Ticket.”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Open specific ticket.

I’m not sure why this happens with only certain tickets. I have access to all groups and I can open other tickets just fine.

I’d like to give more troubleshooting information but I don’t know exactly where to start.

In every instance I have come across this problem myself, it was due to the account I was using lacking either a role or a specific permission to access/read a group, so a user error on my part. Reviewing or rubber-ducking your access permissions is probably a good start.

Maybe create a new useraccount, grant the necessary permissions/roles and check if you can access the ticket with that account? If you can, compare permissions/roles between that account and your own.

I found out that the issue is that the group the ticket belongs to has been deactivated. It would be great if Zammad could give a better error message than “No access”.

1 Like

Zammad is constantly evolving and changing.
It’s kinda difficult to flex that “be better” when using a Zammad 4.1 which is terribly outdated (5.2.1 by now) without re-visitting if the message has changed.

If you think something doesn’t go the way it should and should be improved, you’re always very welcome to create a feature request post in this section: Feature requests - Zammad - Community

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.