Feature: Watch-Function for tickets an agent is not member of

Today I might have rather good news.
This post is one of two that gives the community the possibility to support Zammad with a contribution for a new feature.

As the title suggests, we want to implement a new feature that allows agents to be customer in groups they don’t have access to (but might have tickets). The development of this itself is quite expensive, this is why we’d like to split it to smaller amounts to make it more attractive.

Basic points
Before going all fry, here’s some information that might be interesting.

When contributing, this feature will help the whole community - it will become a core functionality.
This means that there are no follow up costs as in “maintenance”! The total costs of this development takes 20,000 € (twenty thousand) including the ballpark we might encounter.

To begin, we need at least 5 contributors willing to pay 2500€ each.
If you’re interested in contributing, please send a mail to sales[at]zammad[dot]com, reference me (Marcel) and we’ll put you on the list!

If you have further questions, feel free to get back to me. :slight_smile:
Thank you for your time (this comes from Github: https://github.com/zammad/zammad/issues/208 )

This feature will contain rework on:

Notifications

To ensure every agent can choose how much noise he wants.

(Un-)/Subscribe function

You can start watching tickets without getting mentioned at any time. Of course you can always unsubscribe. Note: This requires at least read & write rights on the group of the ticket

This will also contain a list of watching agents.

Mentioning another agent

Finally, the most usefull part, mentioning another agent with typing @name.
Note: This requires at least read & write rights on the group of the ticket for the to mention agent

17 Likes