Editable Checklist for Tickets

Hi,

A feature that I would like to see is the ability to create an editable checklist for a ticket. This would be helpful if a ticket is, for example, a change request, that would involve multiple steps.

It would involve putting in a checklist at the top of the ticket, and being able to add, remove, check or uncheck individual checkboxes as needed.

See here, on microsoft planner:

4 Likes

I think a lot of users would benefit by a very simple but powerful ToDo-list feature.

Either as a custom object in the right ticket pane or as a additional tab in the right ticket pane. Ideally there is an option to enter “Presets” so you can create a ToDo-list and save it for later. in the ticket, simple choose the preset from the dropdown and it will create the checklist in the ticket.

I like the idea of maybe 5-10 companies funding this feature request.
@thorsteneckel / @MrGeneration What do you need to give us a quote? Mockups?

1 Like

I can create a requirenment form for this for our devs, but right now I’m not sure if this is applicable for a funding at this moment, I’ll need to talk to the team internally.

However, personally I don’t see another “template” feature, I’d see it within the existing template functionality allowing you to define it during ticket creation. If you have a second templateish option, this will blow up the UI more which we usually try to avoid.

What do you think?
Also, right now I’m a bit short in time which is why this will take time.

I agree. The checklist could be placed at the bottom of the sidebar, where “Tags” and “Linked tickets” are shown.

Ideally there would be a dropdown to load a predefined set of “ToDos” with a button to save and load the presets. And then also an option to enter single checklist-lines and also to delete them.

I think both proposals are good. A todo list for changes. A general distinction between disturbances and changes would be perfect. In this way, the overviews could be clearer and slas for changes and faults could be defined differently. The running list is perfect when changes are processed one by one by different employees.

I would prefer an additional tab in the right ticket pane.

And yes this would be a very helpfull feature.