Core Workflows - Ticket field - Set initial/default value

Hi There,

It would be awesome to see an option that is similar to the ‘select’ action when creating a core workflow, that instead of forcing the user to select a value, just sets a default value that can be changed.

Here an an example:

A user belongs to the IT Team role, therefore all of their tickets should be logged under the IT group. It would be nice to set the IT group as the initial value for the group field. This is achievable with the ‘select’ action, however this locks the user from selecting another group.

Having an option for ‘initial value’ in the core workflows would be superb.

Here is a video demonstrating the ‘select’ action being used, and overwriting the group field when I try to change the value to another group.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request.

3 Likes

Hy,
I solved it with core Workflow with this settings:

Here the default Group will be set and the User can Change the Group afterwards.

Hey, this is awesome! I think the Selected condition of group not being set is what I was doing wrong a year ago. Makes sense when you think about it.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ll change the category of this thread to technical question as it doesn’t seem to be an actual FR / is solved.