Avoid ticket creation from unknown users

• Used Zammad version: 2.7.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package (2.7.0-1541065674.7a8d1d03.bionic)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 63

Problem:

We want to setup a quiet closed ticket system for our main customers. To avoid spam and tickets from unknown users, we would like to disable ticket creation from users unknown to Zammad. Is there a way to do this?

5 Likes

Hi @MarkusB - This is only possibly by writing/coding a custom postmaster filter module.

Hi @thorsteneckel - To me a feature like this seems indispensable, just imagine the receiving mail address being spammed with some mails per second. In the security-settings it is possible to prevent users from creating an account. The existence of a similar setting to prevent unregistered users from creating a ticket looks like a corollary to me; being said that I don’t have a clue of how zammad works inside.

@thorsteneckel As @ticketeer said, i can’t imagine a ticket system allowing interaction with unknown people from the system. Relying on postmaster is really not the way, at least for us… IMHO, validating login is real easy. I’m searching a ticket system for my support business, looks like Zammad can’t fit, being totally open as it is right now… Too bad, it looked promising…

Hey there - thanks for your feedback. It reads like you both have a background as a programmer. We’re happy to support you on developing this. Have a look at the other existing postmaster filters. Ruby is really easy to read and a joy to code. Would be awesome to see a pull request afterwards. We then can decide if we create our first public extension or merge into the core.
Otherwise you can make use of our commercial services or wait until this get relevant to 80% of our user base.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.