- Used Zammad version: 3.0.0-1560433985.617324d6.bionic
- Used Zammad installation source: ubuntu package
- Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
- Browser + version: not relevant for this
- Migration of OTRS (installed 2005 and upgraded up to 5.0.34-01) to zammad works like a charm
- Having multiple runs now to migrate the OTRS sadly the migration fails on multiple different issue. (will post later the issues in different threads)
major question also to fix the documentation
- can I run multiple times the migrator without doing bad duplication or bad data?
I am using
zammad run rails c
and inside the zammad console
Delayed::Worker.max_run_time = 7.days Setting.set('import_otrs_endpoint', 'https://otrs.example.com/otrs/public.pl?Action=ZammadMigrator') Setting.set('import_otrs_endpoint_key', 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz') Setting.set('import_mode', true) Setting.set('system_init_done', false) Import::OTRS.start
Sadly neither google, nor this forum search and even not in the documentation is anything mentioned about rerun of the above commands and what they will produce on the data side.
Can someone help me on this questions:
- can I rerun the migrator as often as I want without doing bad to the data? (idempotent reruns?)
- if yes, can I somehow limit the migrator e.g to migrate the years 2005-2007, next run 2008-2010, next run 2010-2013 and so on?