Allow LDAP without groups

When using an LDAP installation (e.g. openldap) without using LDAP groups Zammad will reject the LDAP setup completely.
This is not documented on LDAP / Active Directory — Zammad documentation and there is no documentation what to do to create groups for Zammad.

I think the correct approach would be to allow a setup without Groups and setting all users as customers as default.

I believe that this is a technical question rather than a feature request.
May play into the same corner like this thread:

That being said, it’s already working I can’t reproduce it:
ucs-ldap-groups

Hi @MrGeneration thanks for your reply.

I should have included the error I get. Sorry.
I just tested it again to look into the developer console and actually did find the problem.

I get the error that Zammad can not find the LDAP groups if I try to use ou=users,dc=example,dc=org but it does work with dc=example,dc=org
In the group assignment wizard Zammad does not even show ou=users as a suggestion.
I did use the admin ldap user so I do not think that this is a permission problem.
We do use OpenLDAP.

But as I did unterstood the error message wrong I agree that this is not a Feature request.

Thanks for your help!

ou=users,dc=example,dc=org

You are entering OUs rather than security groups. You need your users to be a member of a group, not just in an OU.

CN=GroupName,OU=Groups,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=org

What @astrugatch said.
Don’t ever try to type something own within the mapping values.

If Zammad didn’t find it it’s not available to use. Zammad expects it’s own provided values there.