Advanced search results wrong

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system:
  • Browser + version:

Expected behavior:

• when querying an advanced search, results should match your search query string

Actual behavior:

• results are not matching the query string at all. When I try to find tickets of a specific group with no ticket owner and state open or new my query looks like this:
    group.name:"FO | Backoffice" AND owner.email:"" AND state.name:(new OR open)
  • results showing also some tickets of another group and with a ticket owner.
  • the “wrong tickets” are currently not in the group I’ve searched for but they were in this group in the past. But I only want tickets that are currently in this group. You can see this on the screenshot:

• sometimes status is also not filtered correctly and I see also some closed tickets.
  • if I try to search for created_at:>now-2h there are no search results. First results I get with this query is when increasing the hours to 4h = created_at:>now-4h

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Try to search for tickets with no owner and of a specific group or try to search for tickets created in the past minutes. In my case I get always some wrong or no results.

I assume it is because of a delayed ES indexation? Sometimes we cannot find a ticket via search which was created about 5 minutes ago. So it should have something to to with that.

Updating the search index is a delayed job and may take some moments.
Usually we’re talking about seconds here - that always depends on your instances load.

5 minutes sounds a bit much, so you should be able to see delayed jobs being in the queue.
Production.log might have hints if something goes wrong.

If it’s just the scheduler not being able to keep up that may have several reasons.
You may want to have a look into the tuning section for that: Configuration via Environment Variables — Zammad System Documentation documentation

Another side note to above search: "" in elasticsearch world does not do what you think it does.
This thread may help you:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.