Adjust the description text of two options

Title: Adjust the description text of two options for better understanding - knowledge base reader / editor

Usecase environment:

• average concurrent agent count? 5
  • average tickets a day? 20
  • what roles/people are involved? Customer / Agents

The description of two options are in my opinion misleading. These options descriptions are the descriptions for knowledge_base editor and reader:
grafik

For a better understanding the two descriptions should be rephrased. In the current form they could also be read as if the user can then edit / manage other editors / readers.

• describe what is the problem you like to solve?
    Make the description clearer for everybody / admins - The description is unclear if it may lead to more rights for the affected user group / role.

• describe one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most
    We had the problem that we don’t want to put sensitive information on the internet via our Zammad knowledge base. So we looked for another solution and found these two options. The description of these options were unclear to us. We wanted only to allow ‘normal’ users to access the knowledge base without being able to ‘manage’ other users as the description may have hinted.

• why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard?
    We can’t edit the description by ourself or edit it in a persistent way.

Help us understand:

• describe WHAT is your expectation / WHAT do you want to achieve?
    Rephrase these two descriptions. Rephrasing them to “Grant read access to internal knowledge base answers” and “Grant write access to internal knowledge base answers” would make the description more understandable.

If there is any more useful information, feel free to share it all (e.g.: Mockup screenshots, if something is UI related or the API URL / Documentation URL for a service you need a connection to):
grafik

Usecase environment:

• average concurrent agent count? 10
  • average tickets a day? 20 and up
  • what roles/people are involved? Customer, Agent, Admin
  • everything else which you think is useful to understand your use case? no
1 Like

As mentioned in another thread, I like the idea.

This is not only for internal answers, so my suggestion would be “Grant write access to knowledge base answers”.

1 Like

Yes, that sounds good.

Thank you for bringing this up! Please use the provided template properly, it will help us understand your need better and also provide us necessary information to consider your idea. Thanks!

I cannot edit the original post anymore.

I don’t know if this will help to make the thread more clear but here a new try with the template:

Title: Adjust the description text of two options for better understanding - knowledge base reader / editor

The description of two options are in my opinion misleading. These options descriptions are the descriptions for knowledge_base editor and reader:
grafik

For a better understanding the two descriptions should be rephrased. In the current form they could also be read as if the user can then edit / manage other editors / readers.

• describe what is the problem you like to solve?
    Make the description clearer for everybody / admins - The description is unclear if it may lead to more rights for the affected user group / role.

• describe one or two concrete situations where this problem hurts the most
    We had the problem that we don’t want to put sensitive information on the internet via our Zammad knowledge base. So we looked for another solution and found these two options. The description of these options were unclear to us. We wanted only to allow ‘normal’ users to access the knowledge base without being able to ‘manage’ other users as the description may have hinted.

• why is it not solvable with the Zammad standard?
    We can’t edit the description by ourself or edit it in a persistent way.

Help us understand:

• describe WHAT is your expectation / WHAT do you want to achieve?
    Rephrase these two descriptions. Rephrasing them to “Grant read access to internal knowledge base answers” and “Grant write access to internal knowledge base answers” would make the description more understandable.

If there is any more useful information, feel free to share it all (e.g.: Mockup screenshots, if something is UI related or the API URL / Documentation URL for a service you need a connection to):
grafik

Usecase environment:

• average concurrent agent count? 10
  • average tickets a day? 20 and up
  • what roles/people are involved? Customer, Agent, Admin
  • everything else which you think is useful to understand your use case? no

Maybe one of the moderators can edit the original post / merge this post with the first post in this thread.

Thank you.

You should be able to edit your own posts as well any time. :slight_smile:

There is no option to edit my first post (it was once there, as I’ve edited my first post a few hours / days after posting). It looks like this:

For this new post, there is the edition option available:

Okay. I just updated the first article.

1 Like