Access Last Child Variable from single tree select

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.0-1670492123.7c45d087.centos8
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: CentOS Stream release 8
  • Browser + version: Firefox 102.6.0esr (64-Bit

Expected behavior:

• Use only the Last Child of an self-created nested single tree-select object for notification via trigger like discribet in the admin documentation (Variables — Zammad documentation)

Actual behavior:

• If i use ticket.object it works perfect but shows the entire tree select path.
    If i use ticket.object.value or ticket.object.select.value i got a “no such method” error.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create Object: singe tree select with two rows and one child per row
  • Create Trigger: Object changed, add notice "Ticket moved to #{ticket.object.value}
  • Open New Ticket as Customer an select Object from tree select
  • Open Ticket as Agent an change Object via tree select

Question:
Is it possible to use only the last child from a tree select choice?
What is the Variable to access the last child?

Sorry, this is my first question an i hope i used the template correct an my question is understandable.

I’m afraid that’s not possible.
Zammad provides the actual value the field technically has.

This is the way Zammad actually stores the value - this gets more obvious when you have a look on what Zammad returns for multiple tree selections:

a::aa::aaa   (single)
b, c, b::bb   (multi)

The UI has filters and hooks that makes the selection and display much more user friendly - but backend wise there’s no such thing. If you believe that this is a missing feature, feel free to create a feature request here:

Thanks MrGeneration.

Maybe it will be a feature in future.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.