About the Feature requests category

This is the place where your ideas and needs can get heard! Bring up your feature requests and discuss them with the community and with us. Please always use the template and provide all necessary information about your request.

So some rules:

1. Features need to be usable / useful for everyone. Plase no “I need special Feature X for my specific use case”.
  2. Feature requests need a detailed description. Maybe some mockup screenshots, if something is UI related.
  3. If you need a connection to another service, please provide the API URL / Documentation URL for this service.

In teh following are some examples. Please note that we will close any feature request which is just a “I need feature X or Y” without any detailed explanation.

Avoid:
I need a JIRA integration. Please make this happen.

Best Practice:
Hi,

I would like to see a JIRA integration to achieve the following:
- Link ticket from Zammad to JIRA
- Sync states between them
- See current state of the linked JIRA ticket in Zammad and vice versa
- It should be possible to add notes to a linked JIRA Ticket (incl. attachments)
- It should be possible to receive notes from a linked JIRA Ticket (incl. attachments)

Link to the documentation: JIRA 6.1 REST API documentation

Have fun.
Johannes

Hey Hannes,
a voting system for feature requests is a very good idea. In the meantime I just wanted to ask how I shall upvote an existing feature request?
I found Object attributes role based to be very handy, as I just created new groups and they dont need the ticket objects I created for my team.

Since there was no comment for 60 days on the ticket, it auto-closed and I cant upvote any longer. Am I supposed to create a new thread and link to the first one?
I think it would make sense to be able to re-open tickets in category feature request, so that you can still receive upvotes for an FR.
Best Seb

1 Like