• Browser + version: chrome 66

Expected behavior:

• Zammad fetches the imap input channels permanently

Actual behavior:

• Zammad didn’t fetch the imap input channels yesterday afternoon

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Unknown

Why this posting?

I’m pretty sure it will happen again and I’d like to provide more detailled information about the issue.
Currently, I don’t see anything helpful within the logs, so I guess I’ll have to extend logging a little bit.
Maybe someone can give me some pointers on which places within the source code are probably used
for the imap fetching? Which of the 3 zammad processes is involved?

• scheduler process
  • websocket server
  • zammad process

I followed various hints, restarted all processes but the issue remained. Later, it disappeared after another
restart.

I can provide yesterday’s logs on request in case someone likes to see them. For me, it would be enough to get some hints related to the questions mentioned above.

Thanks a lot + best regards, Uli

Hey,

I think that both processes may be involved, but mainly the first one as it’s triggering it:

• scheduler
  • zammad

Do you use the direct IP address or a hostname? If hostname, does it include a ipv6-entry?

Just a shot in the blue… when I had this problem, I had to restart the scheduler (or even reboot) just for it to work some minutes and then die again. This problem vanished after a few reboots without any trace.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look at my logs based on this. It will take a couple of days…

All ipv4. I’m using a hostname.

Similar behavior here. I’ll continue looking into it.

Same problem here, but with pop3.

Setup pop3 again, it said connection was ok, fetching some mails, but they never showed up.

Using docker-compose here; will restart the containers and see if it works again… yes, now I see them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.