Zammad Sending Two Emails to Customer

We have some agents that would like to reply to tickets from Outlook, and some agents that prefer the Zammad UI. If we create a trigger to update customers when an agent updates via Outlook, the customers receives two emails if the agent uses the Zammad UI. I hope that makes sense…

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.3
  • Used Zammad installation type: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
  • Browser + version: Any

Expected behavior:

1: Agent Replies to ticket in Zammad UI and Customer receives email copy of agents reply.

2: Agent Replies to ticket via email client and customer does not receive email copy of agents reply. Trigger is required and then configured so customer receives email copy of agents reply.

Actual behavior:

1: Agent Replies to ticket in Zammad UI and Customer receives two email copies of agents reply. One from the built in email and one from the trigger.

2: 2: Agent Replies to ticket via email client and customer receives email copy of agents reply.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

This is due to creating a trigger to notify the customer if an agent updates the ticket via email client.

Is there a way to do this, am I missing something?

Anyone have any insight as to how I can setup an email to the customer if the Agent responds via Outlook?

Thanks

Notifications only go to agents / admins, so your double email is likely related to triggers. Do you have more than one active trigger that may match the events of a ticket update?

Thanks for the reply astrugatch.

The second email is definitely due to the trigger I setup. What I need to do is have zammad send an email to the customer when an agent replies from their email client. Without the trigger, the ticket gets updated, but nothing gets sent to the client.

If I add the trigger to send an email to the client when the ticket is updated, then anyone using the Zammad GUI will trigger two emails to the customer.

How can I set it up so that if an agent uses an email client, the customer gets notified. If an agent uses Zammad UI customer gets notified only once.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.