• Used Zammad installation source: docker-compose
  • Operating system: ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version:

Expected behavior:

• Scheduler processes all Jobs without delays

Actual behavior:

• Scheduler can’t keep up with Jobs

Hello all,

we are currently facing some issues regarding the scheduler and the jobs that are being put on the queue. We run zammad based on the docker-compose repo, but instead a local docker postgres we use AWS RDS. Everything else is the same as in the docker-compse repo. This runs on a c5.2xlarge EC2 instance, which means 8 vCPU and 16GB Ram. I’m not sure if that is not enough. We have about 50 users which use the system more or less concurrently. Since this week we are experiencing heavy issues regarding “delayed jobs”. Whenever our work day starts it doesn’t take long until around 3K Jobs are in the “delayed jobs” state. The other day in the evening it was 10K.

Should we use an even higher EC2 instance or how else can I remediate this problem?

Thanks

Before we continue, I strongly advise you to upgrade to latest Zammad (3.3).
Your instance is prune to security issues (see: https://zammad.com/news/release-3-3 ) and, even more important, Zammad 3.2 and Zammad 3.3 came with significant performance optimizations.

Keep in mind you need to rebuild your searchindex.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.