Zammad Mailbox Archive issues

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: Debian package
  • Operating system: Debian 10
  • Browser + version: Firefox + Chromium latest

Expected behavior:

• Zammad should prompt me if I would like to import the older emails as an archive

Actual behavior:

• Zammad does not show the ‘Import as’ option

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Try to import a new email channel with a lot of old emails

Hello,

I was trying to find a way to import our mailbox archive, but there is no prompt to select ‘Import as’, so the ticket creation proceeds as usual creating a ton of new tickets with the current timestampt. I have been searching for a way to import as archive, either on the GUI or in console, even through API.
Can you please help me where to look for a solution, or point me to some clues on how to add an email mailbox through the console?
Every help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

All the best

I have the same problem.

I had the same problem. After a few try it worked with an archive with only emails older than 2 weeks and all read emails.

Just as a small follow up: The archive import doesn’t care about the read state of the mail. It does however care if you have mails older than 2 weeks inside the mailbox on the moment trying to add it.
(This is mentioned on the documentation Account Setup — Zammad documentation )

Now there’s limitations:
This only works within Zammads email channels and currently is not a functionality that affects gmail and office365 channels.

To archive import Gmail (or Office365, I guess) we should use the Email Channel with standard POP/IMAP?

Thank you for your reply,
but if there are emails not read, older or not than 2 weeks, it does not distinguish from archive email or new email and do not ask for archive option.
It works only if all email are older than 2 weeks, may be a bug.

Thank you all for your replies!
After a few trials and errors the following worked for my case:
1, create an archive mailbox, which only contain the to-be-imported emails
2, add the mailbox as a separate email channel to Zammad and choose the “Import as archive” option
3, Wait… and wait some more
Some considerations about the feature:

• the import process takes a suprisingly long time, but on the good side, Zammad still works and can be used to answer new issues from other channels
  • sent emails are not imported if I am correct, which somewhat makes sense, but also makes judging if older tickets are closed properly more difficult

Sorry but I don’t believe that.
During documentary I did test with a productive account that had mails that were older and newer than 2 weeks. It imported just fine as it should have been and was described in the docs.

I can’t reproduce it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.