Zammad is tanking my email quota

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: This is Zammad version 2.5.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) Debian Apt package
  • Operating system: Xenial
  • Browser + version: Chrome, latest

Expected behavior:

• Bounce emails do not continue to generate updated ticket notifications to a changed email address, thus generating more email bounces and eating up GMAIL quota in under a day.

Actual behavior:

• Email bounce notification has generated a ticket update, and sent an update to the agent with bad email address. And the process spirals. Additionally it sends emails to multiple agents that the ticket has been updated with a progress report from the bounce email. It is sending every minute or two depending on the ticket. in all 7 or 8 tickets were impacted

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create an agent with a bad email address. Use google as smtp provider. create ticket and reply to ticket.

So far I have done the following:
Email address had been changed for agent, Filter was added to ignore updates from gmails mailer-daemon. I created a non-gmail email for that agent.

With the filter in place, and tickets closed, updates are still continuing to be emailed from notification address to several other agents. We have had to re-enable our gmail account 3 times in two days after hitting quota, that leaves us two more.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.