Zammad error after upgrade v5

Restoration has to be run as root user.
The password requests from your system are due to the script trying to stop Zammad before restoring.
The script does quite some change owners and thus root would be the easiest approach.

The “peer authentication” failed is due to the database.yml containing a sql password that may not (or no longer) fit to the actual zammad db user. Resetting the password to the configuration value may be of help.

If that’s not helping you’re affected by this issue:

This issue however most likely only affects the restoration process. At least in my learnings.
Technically the backup and restore scripts thus are not broken and partly used incorrectly.

We’re working on a fix and also on a documentation rework to reflect situations better.

Thank you @MrGeneration. Like before, I stopped the Zammad service before running the restoration script. I tried running the script with sudo and with root. I checked the sql password in the database.yml file on the source and destination machine (after restoring), they are both the same. Still getting the “peer authentification” failed error.

How do I reset the password to the configuration value or what might that value be?

Please see: Postgresql Backup & Restore failing on default package installations · Issue #3865 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.