Zammad doesn’t send agent’s notification of new tickets or ticket assignment

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.0.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 90.0.2

Expected behavior:

• Agents get mail notifications of new tickets or tickets assigned to them.

Actual behavior:

• Agents do not get mail notifications of new tickets or tickets assigned to them. SMTP-Server for sending (and recieving) mails is configured and works, because communication with customers (responding to mails) works.
    Also double-checked agent profile settings.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Please note that notification channel is outbound only and technically has nothing to do with other available channels.
If all channels are green and production log doesn’t show any errors, ensure that all agents are affected. Every agent can disable notifications if desired on their own.

The easiest way to ensure your notification channel is working is to try to reset your password via login page.

Hi,

that is indeed the problem - password reset links etc. are not send / the agents don’t recieve that mail.

I tried to find the exact error with docker logs -f container-id but my screen is flooded with logs starting from april this year. I have to filter somehow or would like to b able to scroll the log.

Please note that notification channel is outbound only and technically has nothing to do with other available channels.

Does this mean, that I also have to fully configure a mailserver inside the docker image for sending these messages? Where can I do this?

Thanks!

What he means is that this configuration:

has nothing to do with this configuration:

Notification e-mails are only outbound and configured separately from your channel that is used for communication with customers. You probably have an error in your configuration for notification e-mails.

Ahhhhh, OK - I understand now.
So now it also works for with the notifications, after configuering that part now.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.