We installed Zammad via docker-compose. In the last days we had some problems with Zammad: Outgoing e-mails (as well as the e-mails to us saying we got a new ticket) were sent with a large delay (35 hours).
After I noticed that, I upgraded Zammad to the latest version (3.6.0-63). I also upgraded elasticsearch the way it’s explained here: GitHub - zammad/zammad-docker-compose: Zammad Docker images for docker-compose
Afterwards it worked fine. But today it doesn’t. Same problem as before, but with less delay. (Maybe the delay gets larger by the time.)
A few things that might or might not have anything to do with my problem:
- I still have 50% active shards in elasticsearch container (cluster staus yellow).
- htop tells me that there are at least 7 scheduler processes running (command: script/scheduler.rb run). They don’t use much CPU but a few of them are running for more than one hour.
Can I see somewhere in my ticket (or in one of the docker container logs) if the notification e-mail has been sent (to me and all others who are supposed to be informed)?
Has anyone had a similar problem or an idea how I can solve this?
- Used Zammad version: 3.6.0-63
- Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) zammad-docker-compose
- Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 9.12 (stretch)
- Browser + version: Chromium 88.0.4324.182
- Docker version: 19.03.8
- Docker-compose version: 1.22.0-rc1
- I send an e-mail to our zammad connected e-mail address and expect to get an e-mail that a new ticket has arrived.
- The expected e-mail (that tells me that there is a new ticket) is sent with large delay.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- I send an e-mail to our zammad connected e-mail address and wait for the e-mail.