X Elasticsearch need to be configured!

  • Used Zammad version: 3.6.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: github zammad-docker
  • Operating system: ubuntu / debian
  • Browser + version: Firefox

I have recently installed a new Zammad platform but if I access the statistics area I get a message in the center of the page with the error “X Elasticsearch need to be configured!”.
In the previous installation I got the same message but I performed a reconstruction of the registry found in a post on the community, that problem was solved and it was no longer possible to view the personal data of the users.

Can you help me solve the problem?

Thanks

Hi,

did you install and configure elasticsearch as documented here?

Set up Elasticsearch

Regards,
CMKS

1 Like

Hi, I have installed and configured elasticsearch coem you suggested but I still have problems.
I think the problem is due to the configuration of es_url.
If I disable it with the command zammad run rails r “Setting.set (‘es_url’, ‘’)” I can see the users in the settings but in the statistics the message "Elasticsearch need to be configured! " canteens if I set es_url, with the command “zammad run rails r” Setting.set (‘es_url’, ‘http: // localhost: 9200’) “” I don’t see the users and I get “Status code 500” on the statistics and the following message error “{” error “:” Unable to process GET request to elasticsearch URL 'http: // localhost: 9200 / zammadsrv_zammad_production / Ticket / search’. Elasticsearch is not reachable, probably because it’s not running or even installed. \ N \ nResponse: \ n # \ u003cUserAgent :: Result: 0x000055900c6418f0 @ success = false, @ body = nil, @ data = nil, @ code = 0, @ content_type = nil, @error = \ “# \ u003cErrno :: ECONNREFUSED: Failed to open TCP connection to localhost: 9200 (Connection refused - connect (2) for \” localhost \\ "port 9200) \ u003e " \ u003e \ n \ nPayload: \ n {\ "query ": {\ "bool ": {\ "must ": [{\ "range ": {\ "created_at ": {\ "from \ ": " 2020-12-31T23: 00: 00Z \ ", " to \ ": " 2021-12-31T22: 59: 59Z \ "}}}], " must_not \ “: [{” term \ “: {” state.keyword \ ": " merged \ "}}]}}, " size \ ": 0, " aggs \ “: {” time_buckets \ “: {” date_histogram \ “: {” field \ ": " created_at \ ", " interval \ ": " month \ ", " time_zone \ ": " Europe / Rome \ "}}}, " sort \ ": [{\ "updated_at ": {\ "order ": \ "desc "}}, \ " score "]} \ n \ nPayload size: 0M “}”.

When I recreate the indexes with the command: zammad run rake searchindex: rebuild I get this result
rake aborted!
Unable to process GET request to elasticsearch URL ‘http://localhost:9200’. Elasticsearch is not reachable, probably because it’s not running or even installed.

Response:
#<UserAgent::Result:0x000055e66089a5e8 @success=false, @body=nil, @data=nil, @code=0, @content_type=nil, @error="#<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Failed to open TCP connection to localhost:9200 (Connection refused - connect(2) for “localhost” port 9200)>">

Payload:
null

Payload size: 0M
/opt/zammad/lib/search_index_backend.rb:32:in info' /opt/zammad/lib/tasks/search_index_es.rake:333:in es_version’
/opt/zammad/lib/tasks/search_index_es.rake:343:in es_version_supported?' /opt/zammad/lib/tasks/search_index_es.rake:182:in block (2 levels) in ’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/rake-12.3.3/exe/rake:27:in <top (required)>' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:74:in load’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:74:in kernel_load' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:28:in run’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli.rb:463:in exec' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in run’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/invocation.rb:126:in invoke_command' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor.rb:387:in dispatch’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli.rb:27:in dispatch' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/base.rb:466:in start’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/cli.rb:18:in start' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/exe/bundle:30:in block in <top (required)>’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/lib/bundler/friendly_errors.rb:124:in with_friendly_errors' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bundler-1.17.3/exe/bundle:22:in <top (required)>’
bin/bundle:3:in load' bin/bundle:3:in
Tasks: TOP => searchindex:rebuild => searchindex:version_supported
(See full trace by running task with --trace).

I don’t know what to do anymore, I need help
Nino