Wrong font color with dark mode

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.x
  • Browser + version: Edge

Since version 5.3 (with dark mode) we have had the problem that users who have dark mode active save entries that are almost illegible in normal mode (light gray font color). The light gray font color is also sometimes used for e-mails.

example zammad
2022-11-30_13h23_59

example outlook
2022-11-30_13h27_08

That usually happens if you copy & paste HTML formatted text.
This is the down side of allowing font and background colors in article texts the community was demanding so badly in the past.

Pasting content without formatting should do the trick.
No other options I’m afraid.

Sometimes just one word is wrong.
is it really the copy…

How should I know how this was written / added?

New information:

If the ticket number is copied from the header, it will also be pasted in grey. If the copy function is used, it works perfectly.

Just for info :wink:

Thanks to customer descriptions we were able to pin down and verify this issue.
It’s been fixed in stable by now:

1 Like

Another little hint.

In some cases, the font color is changed by the system. Maybe it’s related with the font color case - light theme was used.

GIF 30.01.2023 14-11-38

That looks like a different issue.
Doesn’t seem to happen on chrome and firefox. At least that’s what I use.

I use Microsoft Edge which is based on Chromium.

However, the error does not appear often. I often can’t reproduce it either. But if it does happen, it can be reproduced as often as you like in this case.

As I said. I can’t reproduce it.
Here’s proof from my verification instance from an Edge:

cant-reproduce

If developers can’t reproduce bugs, they can’t be fixed.
I’ve used the on board spell correction of the browser, apart from uBlock origin no further addons.
Vanilla installation of course.

Hi,

we have also the problem from the first post.

As workaround i want to set the dark mode for all user as default. Is this possible? @MrGeneration

Update to the latest stable then. This will not affect old articles but will solve the issue for all new ones.

No it’s not.

Hi! We have the same problem.

• Used Zammad version: 5.4.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
  • Operating system: ubuntu 20.04
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 114.0.5735.199

If we use dark mode and mark only one word bold or italic, all letter will be light.
Please, help me! How can we fix it?

With zammad 6.1.0 I still have this issue on Safari. Even when copying and pasting text that I have just written.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.