Why are no signatures added to 'triggered' emails?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: newest
  • Used Zammad installation source: docker-compose
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Safari (newest)

Expected behavior:

• The sent email should include the signature.

Actual behavior:

• The sent email does not include the signature.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Use default trigger ‘auto reply (on new tickets)’
  • Send email from e.g. your personal account
  • Trigger fires, auto reply gets sent—no signature added to that email

Hey @herzkerl,

i think that’s totally intended since the mail sent via trigger is a mail from the system not from any agent.

The signature on the other hand usually contains personal information of the agent using it. So in the most use cases it wouldn’t make any sense to use the signature used by a group appear in the trigger.

IMHO

cheers

Hey @dvnkln,

I might be wrong, but I think some business could even be required to have a signature in every outgoing email.
https://www.it-recht-kanzlei.de/e-mail-pflichtangaben-signatur.html

Cheers!

1 Like

Yep that’s true - you probably got me wrong. I didn’t mean there shouldn’t be any signature - it’s just not the signature you define in Admin -> E-Mail -> Signatures and that’s “works as intended”. For triggers you currently have to define your signature inside that trigger since those signatures will most likely differ.

What you’re looking for is not technical assistance (since everything works as it should) but a feature request.

And i’m totally agreeing with you. Configuring a signature once which you could use in all triggers would be easier than configuring them inside each trigger. Having an option for that would be nice.

As a little help:
We did that mostly with placeholders so they work for every group we have:

Best regards
{ticket.owner.firstname} {ticket.owner.lastname}
#{ticket.group.name}-Support
fancy details about my company

cheers

@dvnkln is correct, this currently works as expected.
Personally I wouldn’t use a system signature as this also might differ per group. Maybe a hybrid solution would be good.

I’m thinking of a second dropdown for trigger signature (to ensure you can have variation)

2 Likes

Alternatively you could make signatures available through variables—so inside a trigger I could use :: to see all signatures and add them.

Looking forward to seeing your implementation. Do you want/need me to create an issue on Github?

Not yet (but thank you!)
I’ll discuss this in our meeting soon :>

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long.
I received Feedback - this works as designed.

Reason for this is, that many variables are not working (that you might use in your signature).
We also learned that way more users expect a Trigger to not include any signatures automatically.

So adding a signature manually would be the better option. :x

I think a lot of those users are indeed required to have a signature due to legal reasons—they just don’t know, or worse, they don’t care. Sure, you could just add a signature manually—but if you have a lot of triggers and the signature changes, you have to make sure every trigger get’s updated.

How about making the (text-only!) signatures available globally via variables? I’m only talking about the compulsory statement, which (in my experience) is (or should be) static for every user of an organisation.

@martini what do you think about that global signatur variable?

@herzkerl I understand the need of global signatures for your use case.

General: Currently we have a rule of thumb, if the feature meets the requirements of 80% of the current user base it’s good for the Zammad standard.

In detail: There is also a negative side of a global signature, you can only have one. You would need to put (in case you have more languages) several legal infos in all languages which will blow up your global signature.

Summary: I see the current implementation more flexible, you can manage your signatures based on every group and also based on every trigger like you requirements for each group/trigger is.

Remark: Usually the signatures are not changing so often. If your signatures are changing many times you also can use the Zammad REST API to modify in a fast way via a little script.

Greetings,

-Martin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.