What about Rocky Linux support?

Hi folks,

I’ve a question today about the CentOS EOL and Zammad’s requirements for package installation (not the source or docker one).

CentOS linux 7 EOL is 2024 (not the stream one) and the 8 is already EOL.
Rocky Linux seems to be the worthy successor of CentOS Linux.

It’s not specified on the doc, but I think Rocky Linux 8 will be fully compatible (like a CentOS linux 8).
Am I wrong ?
Also, did someone know the RHEL/CentOS 9’s support ETA ? And possibly, if Zammad will formalize support on Rocky 9 ? (no CentOS linux 9 available, only stream)

Thanks, and have a nice day !

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I use Zammad on Rocky Linux 8, works fine (I haven’t tested on 9).

See:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/prerequisites/software.html#supported-distributions

The documentation actually does answer that question - even if that’s not the answer you want to read.

You’re technically not wrong as long as dependencies and all those thing that centos 7/8 do still work on your new RHEL like OS. However: It is not supported officially. Neither by us nor by package.

So basically you’re on your own if your OS no longer fits the package requirements Zammad has.
Its somewhat of playing poker even if it’s unlikely Rocky Linux will move away too much away from CentOS.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Yes I already read the docs :slight_smile:
This is why I asked for a ETA and a “possibly, in the future”
If the answer is “no we don’t have one”, I will be sad, but I will understand :innocent:

thx

I marked the relevant part of the documentation for you:

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.